Francis turbines are inward-flow reaction turbines that combine radial and axial flow concepts. The Francis turbine contributes about 60% of the global hydropower capacity as it can work consistently under a wide range of operating conditions.
KBL Francis turbines have the widest range of applications and are generally used for sites having medium head and medium discharge. These turbines are the most preferred hydraulic turbines and are extremely reliable factotum of hydroelectric power stations. The turbines are able to sustain high mechanical stress resulting from high heads.
KBL is a leading manufacturer of various proven & efficient models of Francis turbine with horizontal as well as vertical orientation. KBL offers Francis turbine of capacity up to 20 MW single unit.
- Small hydro-electric projects: dam based, run-off river, etc.
- Pumped storage
- Orientation: horizontal/vertical
- Unit output up to 20 MW
- Head up to 300 m
- Optimised selection and sizing for high efficiency
- Delivered with high-quality self-lubricating bearings as standard which have higher specifications and are environment-friendly
- Supplied in two configurations:
- Turbine runner and flywheel are directly mounted on generator shaft
- Turbine and generator have their own separate shafts and bearings